03 January 2007

The wisdom of dreams

Written 22 Decemeber, and blogged today due to being offline for a while.

I had a dream about a wedding – completely unplanned and not the couple’s decision. They had no time for preparations, and nothing appropriate to wear. In an effort to help, friends offered clothing and the couple put them on, but only felt awkward and phoney. Finally they removed the items they had been given, and stayed in their own casual, worn out clothes – not caring about silly ceremonies, the important thing was they were comfortable.

I need to remember what I’ve said to Sista, and others, more than once: a relationship should be defined only by the people in it. What I give to Master, and what he does with me, is for nobody else to judge. I can’t make it conform to other people’s ideas, or even fake it so it will appear that way. It is exactly as it should be - for us, not for friends or family or "scene people" who think they know whats right and wrong for everyone else, and not for silly housemates who are scared by it all.

No comments: