17 January 2007

"The aim of life is to live!" (Henry Miller)

I just heard a fantastic song on Triple J - a cover sung by Old Man River, originally by Dan Bern.

Marilyn Monroe should have married Henry Miller
And if she did she might be alive
Cause if she did
He'd have taken her to Paris
Tied her to the bed
And eaten dinner off of her

I love it! Such simple truth.

I was shocked the other day to hear Vanilla Betty say she couldn't understand why anyone would want to try new things when they'd found something that was "good enough". Who the fuck wants good enough?! Give me amazing, and delicious, and exquisite, and thrilling... even give me awful, and dangerous, and terrifying - but never give me good enough! Where's the passion in that? Where's the life?

Marilyn Monroe didn't marry Henry Miller
I don't even know if she knew Henry Miller
But if she did he'd have taken her to Paris
And if she did they'd have fucked every day
And if she did she'd have felt like a woman
Not a photogragh in a magazine

No comments: