26 February 2007

Honesty

If I'm totally honest with myself, that whole last post was a load of BS.

Its all true, and relevant, but not the main thing bugging me at all.

The truth is, I'm just uncomfortable being so dependent on him. I'm looking for reasons why dependency is inappropriate, when really its just that I'm scared and I want an excuse to care a little less (as if thats an option).

My secret neediness has been showing, and it makes me fear driving him away. So I try and cover it up as quick as I can.

There. That was real.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...to NEED someone.....really desperately NEED them....such a sin.....oooohhhh ahhhh...ummm ahhhh...tisk tisk.....i genuinely hate that it has somehow become a weakness to admit and acknowledge that we NEED the attention & touch of the One we love....i HATE it...

...conversely what a gift it is to be free to express ones NEEDINESS and for it to be embraced by the One NEEDED....& if this is too much for Them....if we become NEEDY then i believe we are perhaps NEEDING the wrong One.

99

nadi said...

Yes... I think you may be exactly right...

I will have to ponder this a bit longer, but thank you VERY much for this thought...

((hugs))
nadi xx