07 April 2007

Pants are overrated

I've been working on an essay for uni lately and the topic has got me thinking about feminism. Specifically, about how my point of view on it has changed. I am still all for gender equality as much as I always was, but I guess now my experience is different. I used to feel sorry for those women who would argue that traditional gender roles made them happy. And now - who'd have thought it - I'm even more under a man's firm hand than them, to the point of being a possession. And I love it.

I was watching Betty interacting with her good little boyfriend the other night, and I thought, you can certainly tell who wears the pants in that relationship. No doubt she would be proud of it, too. But who the hell wants that? Not me. Pants are overrated in my book. I can't even imagine what the appeal might be of having power over another person. I'd rather be powerless any day. I don't question why Master likes it, I just feel grateful that he does.

No comments: