07 October 2007

"SSC is so PC"

Master said that the other day, quoting someone, I believe. We were visiting a D/s couple so that he could share me in exchange for another sub. They were a very "PC" pair, complete with a safe word, 'safe, sane, consensual' play, and very distinct limits. It was, as Master said, a chance for me to show off. He stood me in their living room in a collar and leash, with a bit in my mouth, and outlined my training, adding that I have no safe word, and "no real limits".

I didn't get into BDSM because of an interest in politics. I got into this to push the boundaries of safety, and bend the rules of sanity. Thats what feels good - the pleasure of there being no limits... no rules except the ones Master creates. He is in control - not me, and not a people-pleasing theoretical principle.

Consent is meaningless between Master and I. I gave up the right to consent a long time ago, near the beginning. It was a fascinating feeling, like emotional free fall, to give all my rights away - a kind of agony that felt so right. He demonstrated to me what that meant, pushing me far enough that I thought my heart would collapse, as I screamed and sobbed and begged him not to take me there... but he had to... to show me what I had promised... so I knew it was real. I spent one day grieving my freedom, but even then, when he asked me, is this what you want? the answer was a definite yes.

I hadn't known Master long then, and you could argue it wasn't the smartest thing to do - give up consent to someone I hadn't built a lot of trust with. But the only real way to know trust is to test it. I feared him sometimes, but always reminded myself to give him my trust. Now, I have never felt so safe. Not because of limits or safe words, or any other restriction, but because I have learned what it is to be owned. If Master looks after me, it is because he takes care of what is his. If he harms me, it is because he chooses to.

There was a time when I could have understood what the couple from the other day got out of power play, but I have honestly forgotten. If you give up power to someone, within limits, and with a way out, then you haven't really given up anything at all. I'm not criticising those who do it that way... but I don't see how they could be fulfilled. The couple we played with the other day may not be representative, but they certainly didn't seem to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello beautiful sista,

the view from here........

Safety: ok...its not something you (nadi) have to think of personally....but Master has to ..... is that not so? he would not leave you to bleed to death in a pool of blood (would he?) though of course i know you well enough to know that you might welcome that.

and safety.....its so relative.....some people think it means having a volvo.....for others it means checking the purity of their smack before shooting up.

Sanity: totally subjective concept.....i mean even relatively vanilla kinky stuff can be interpreted as "completely insane" by some right wing methodist do gooders..probably even by the average mum on tuck shop duty too.

Consent: but you have given consent nadi.....back when you handed everything to Master.......you consented to ALL and to EVERYTHING.....and WHATSOEVER......

i DO know what you mean....but i spose i still want to believe my sista is enveloped within some definable containable protective 'framework' tho' its (His) name be not SSC.

i am sooooo happy that this surrender fulfills you sista.

99 Xxx